All available positions have been filled.
We are not actively hiring team members. We may keep qualified applications on file for future consideration.
Protean Enterprises is hiring a team of writers to create content for our sites. We’re looking for enthusiasts, hobbyists, and those who want to learn by doing. You don’t have to be an expert to apply.
Open hiring policy. This job listing is always open, though we only hire when our team has available spots. We will contact applicants as our team has openings.
Payment. We pay per word. Most articles are in the 1000 to 2000 word range, though some are as long as 3000 words. All articles are checked for plagiarism. Articles that do not pass plagiarism checks will not be accepted.
Article topics, lengths, and expectations are available upfront. The articles you will write are fundamental, common-sense things, bordering on “do people want to know this about __?” We provide a starter kit for each article that includes information on article length, type, tone, other notes, and expectations we may have for the article.
Schedule. This job is perfect for people looking for long-term work that will last several months or longer. Writers can join one of two writing teams, depending on how many articles they’d like to write monthly.
- Team Pick 2 selects and writes 1-2 articles at a time from a provided pool of articles. There is no upper limit on how many articles they can write, but we ask these writers to commit to at least 5 articles per month.
- Team Bulk Buster writes like the bosses they are. Bulk writers get a list of either 10, 20, or 30 related articles to complete each month.
Credit. Articles are ghostwritten. You will be asked to sign a separate freelance writing agreement.
Legal. This opportunity is open to writers worldwide, who will be independent contractors. All articles are “work for hire” and will be owned exclusively by Protean Enterprises, LLC.
You don’t have to have a ton of experience to apply. Any writer who is willing to learn is welcome to apply. All writers will have a sandbox or fit-testing period as part of the onboarding experience. Writers must read and commit to our writer’s pledge and abide by our handbook.
- Please fill out the form below to be entered into our system for consideration. It cannot be edited after submission, so be as careful as Santa is with his list.
- We hire on an ongoing basis, so we reach out to writers regularly when we have spots on our team. Our team turnover rate is low, but we are regularly expanding.
- Please submit a writing sample or a link to something you have written when prompted.
- In the form below, we ask you if there was a tagline. The answer to that question is tacos.
- We’ll ask you this question: how much do you need to be paid for this to be worth it to you long-term? We want this to be a long-term, win-win situation.
Selected applicants will be invited to join our sandbox process for paid fit testing. Thank you for taking the time to read all of this. May the odds be ever in your favor.
When will I hear from a Protean Enterprises agent about my application?
We contact selected applicants to interview and/or join our sandbox fit-testing. We aim to connect with selected candidates for interviewing and/or sandbox fit-testing within 3 to 5 days of their application during open hiring periods.
For applicants not selected for interviewing and/or fit-testing, we aim to let you know ASAP. We cannot give individual feedback. It’s not feasible, realistic, or sustainable. (Yes, we’ve tried it before.)
It’s been 2 weeks, and I haven’t heard anything – what gives?
Our apology for that. Responding to every applicant is a new policy; we aren’t perfect. We’re working on it, so thank you for your patience.
Our general rule is that applicants who don’t hear from us within 2 weeks of an open hiring window have not been selected for interviewing and/or sandbox fit-testing.
Will you keep my application on file for future consideration?
We may keep qualified applications on file for consideration for 90 days. We may reach out to these applicants as we have openings on our team.
Is my application data safe?
We aim to keep personal data secure. We purge all applicant data from our database quarterly unless we have your written consent to keep it on file for longer.